The Alice in Wonderland cocktail is a sweet and fruity cocktail that was inspired by the popular children's book of the same name. It is believed to have originated in the 1930s, although there is some debate about the exact origins of the cocktail.
The cocktail typically contains gin, apricot brandy, and lemon juice, along with a dash of grenadine for added sweetness and color. Some variations also include orange juice or orange bitters.
The name "Alice in Wonderland" is thought to have been inspired by the whimsical and playful nature of the book, and the cocktail itself is often served in a tall, thin glass with a colorful garnish to add to its playful and fun appeal. Here is a popular recipe Alice in Wonderland Cocktail Recipe.
Ingredients for the Alice in Wonderland Cocktail:
- 1 1/2 oz gin
- 1 oz orange liqueur
- 1 oz lemon juice
- 1/2 oz raspberry syrup
- Splash of absinthe
- Fresh raspberries, for garnish
Instructions for how to make an Alice in Wonderland Cocktail:
- In a shaker, combine the gin, orange liqueur, lemon juice, and raspberry syrup.
- Add ice to the shaker and shake well.
- Strain the cocktail into a chilled glass.
- Add a splash of absinthe to the top of the cocktail.
- Garnish with fresh raspberries.
Note: Some variations may use different spirits or ingredients, and ratios may differ. Adjust according to your preference.