The After 8 Martini is a modern cocktail that takes inspiration from the After Eight mint chocolate brand. The drink is typically served as a dessert cocktail, often after dinner, and has become popular due to its sweet and indulgent taste.
The exact origin of the After 8 Martini is unknown, but it is believed to have originated in the United Kingdom or the United States. The drink combines the flavors of chocolate and mint, with a smooth and creamy texture.
There are many variations of the After 8 Martini recipe, but the basic ingredients usually include vodka, white creme de cacao, and a splash of peppermint schnapps. The drink is typically shaken with ice and strained into a chilled cocktail glass. Some recipes also call for a drizzle of chocolate syrup or a dusting of cocoa powder on top for added flavor and presentation.
Certainly, here is a recipe to make an After 8 Martini cocktail:
Ingredients of the After 8 Martini Cocktail recipe:
- 2 oz chocolate liqueur
- 1 oz crème de menthe
- 1 oz vodka
- Chocolate syrup
- Chocolate shavings for garnish
Instructions for how to make an After 8 Martini Cocktail:
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Add the chocolate liqueur, crème de menthe, and vodka to the shaker.
- Shake well for about 20 seconds until the ingredients are well mixed and chilled.
- Drizzle some chocolate syrup inside a chilled martini glass.
- Strain the cocktail from the shaker into the glass.
- Garnish with chocolate shavings.
- Serve and enjoy your After 8 Martini!